1. Geography – study of the earth
2. Region – large area of land with common features
3. Landform – shape on the Earth’s surface
4. Climate – the weather an area has over a number of years
5. Temperature – measurement of hot and cold
6. Precipitation – moisture that falls to the earth (rain, snow)
7. Arid – dry
8. Humid – wet
9. Natural resource – materials found in nature that people use to meet their needs and wants
10. Nonrenewable resource –materials we can’t use again (coal)
11. Renewable resource – materials we can use again (trees)
12. Mineral – substance found in the Earth that is neither a plant nor an animal
13. Fossil fuel – the remains of ancient plants or animals
14. Environment – surroundings in which people, plants, and animals live
15. Economy – the way its people use natural resources, money and knowledge to produce goods and services
16. Pollution – harmful chemicals that make our air, soil, and water dirty
17. Acid rain – polluted moisture that falls to the Earth
18. Conservation – protection and careful use of natural resources
19. Recycle – using something again
20. What is one negative effect of a landfill?
21. What are the 3 C’s to help the environment?
22. The gases produced by burning fossil fuels usually contain which element?
C _ _ _ _ _ D_ _ _ _ _ _
23. Name two examples of fossil fuels.
24. Name two renewable resources.
25. Name two nonrenewable resources.
26. Which natural resource does recycling paper allow people to conserve?
27. What would happen if there were no recycling?
28. Name 3 ways you can conserve energy.
29. How many regions are in the United States?
30. What region do you live in?