TEST THURSDAY FOR PERIODS 1A, 3B (FIRST AND LAST PERIOD OF THE DAY)
Study Guide: Regions
1. Geography – study of the earth
2. Regions – large area with common features
3. Landform – shape on the earth’s surface
4. Climate – weather an area has over a number of years
5. Temperature – measurement of hot and cold
6. Precipitation – moisture that falls to the earth as rain or snow
7. Arid – dry
8. Humid – wet
9. Natural resources – materials found in nature that people use to meet their needs and wants
10.Nonrenewable resources – resources that cannot be replaced
11.Renewable resources – resources that can be replaced
12.Fossil fuels – remains of plants and animals used as fuel
13.Mineral – substance found in the earth that is neither a plant or animal
14.Environment – surroundings in which people, plants and animals live
15.Economy – way people use natural resources, money, and knowledge
16.Pollution – harmful chemicals that make our air, soil, and water dirty
17.Acid rain – polluted moisture that falls to the ground
18.Conservation – protection and careful use of natural resources
19.Recycling – using something again
Label an empty map with the 5 regions.
Write two facts about each region.
List two examples of nonrenewable resources.
List two examples of renewable resources.
List two ways we can conserve energy.
Why is it important to recycle?